It’s the greatest time!
You’ve got your car – no more buses, trains or taxis – you’ve got your own freedom to travel.
You spent a fortune on driving lessons. And have your pristine, beautifully clean full driving license.
You’ve been expertly taught how to be an excellent driver – no bad habits – just the best, safest and most skilful ways of driving.
And now you need your car insurance. And wham! You see the outrageous prices the companies want.
Yes, they argue that statistically young drivers are the biggest risks.
But it still seems unfair doesn’t it? Because you have every intention of being a safe and careful driver.
So, we want to help get you discount car insurance with a top brand company.
My name is Martin Smith the proud owner of cheapcarinsurance.co.uk
Every month with our unique comparison site – we help over 26,000 people get their low cost high quality insurance. It’s our passion to save you money!
Let me tell you why it’s so important to me to bring you discount car insurance for young drivers.
I’ve always had a love affair with cars.
The problem was I was born in a very run down part of Bristol. Thankfully it’s all been re –vamped and it’s now a very desirable place to live.
But my goodness we were poor. My dad left us. With no financial support. Leaving my dear mum, older brother, younger sister and yours truly to fend for ourselves existing on a meagre income.
We had to scrimp for everything. And I became accomplished money – saving genius! There was no choice. We all hunted out the best bargains for everything.
Paying top, inflated, high prices was completely out of the question.
I was 12 when I started “saving” for my first car!
My pals and me had a very lucrative car washing round. The snag was there weren’t many cars in our neighbourhood. Nobody could afford them.
So armed with 3 buckets, sponges, a leather chamois cloth (so we could clean the windows without any smears) and large tin of polish we trekked to the “rich” side of town.
It was magic, I got to touch, admire and clean cars and sit inside doing a “top notch” valet.
Because we enjoyed it so much we really did a brilliant job. We wanted to make every customers car shine and sparkle. It was worth it because they were delighted and insisted we came back every week.
And we had our super special offer – if customers had 2 cars we washed, polished and valeted the second one for half price.
I had to give my wonderful mum a share of my “takings” to help with the household bills – but I got to save the rest.
And when I was 17 (yes it took 5 long years to raise the money) but – joy of joy I was able to buy my first car – a very pre-owned Ford Fiesta!
In those days you insured your car through a broker on the high street. They gave me a high quote and immediately bunged an extra 25% because I was a young driver.
To say the least I was unhappy – like you, I prided myself on being an extra careful driver.
So from that time on – I always wanted to do something that would help drive down the costs of motoring.
And over the years – I have!
Here’s how I did it
• We have a crack – shot team of multi award winning insurance specialists
• True experts in getting the very best deals for young drivers – we fight for lower prices and better rates so you can get cheaper quotes
• We relentlessly researched the entire car insurance market to find the “friendly” insurance companies for younger drivers with the cheapest possible premiums
• We only chose the leading companies, the most sought after who consistently give incredible value for money with their top quality policies for every type of cover and option
• And to give you a massive benefit over other comparison sites who only use insurance companies and miss the cheapest prices by a country mile!
• We also chose the best car insurance brokers – they have insurance companies who specialise in young drivers and they don’t use other comparison sites – and often they are the cheapest and we get them!
• So with us you get the best of all worlds – insurance companies and brokers who are dedicated in bringing you discount car insurance for young drivers
All our chosen companies have friendly, fully trained customer service staff. And expert understanding claims professionals.
This is the very reason you have your insurance – no hassle – if you need to make a claim.
All our recommended companies are based in the UK. They are long established, well known and are fully regulated and authorised. And totally financially secure.
You’re in safe hands – because you’ll always have reliable and dependable car insurance cover.
And we created our unique state of the art comparison site, which is lightening fast and easy to use.
• Just press “Get a Quote” on our website www.cheapcarinsurance.co.uk
• Pop in a few details. We don’t ask endless, time consuming, silly questions
• Our legendary software (one of the most powerful and advanced systems in the industry) extensively searches – based on your exact details – all of our 109 recommended insurance companies and brokers
• And in less than 3 minutes – it brings you a full range of quotes – starting with the cheapest
• You’ll be surprised when you see how low your premium is
• You simply pick your favourite – which has all the cover and options you want
• And in a few quick clicks – you buy your policy directly from the insurance company using their secure online technology
• That’s it! – you now know you have discount car insurance from a top brand company
Unlike another sites we won’t blitz you with phone calls, or bombard you with endless emails or plague you with any of the hard sell tactics others use.
And we don’t spend millions on TV Ads, trying to “amuse” you.
Our customers have told us countless times these Ads just bore them. And we want every possible saving passed straight to you.
And you’ve insisted we don’t do “free” toys!
We’re glad about that – because Poppy my faithful beagle sits in the office with us. I think she feels her job is to help sniff out the best deals – and she would want any “toys” for herself and tear them to bits!
Anyway, we’ve been told – no gimmicks – adding to the cost. You want a discount car insurance quote!
I am truly fanatical in bringing you – the cheapest car insurance with all the details and options you want.
Because I know times are incredibly difficult.
With all the present day financial grief – and the expense of running a car it’s critical not to spend more than you have to.
So here are some useful tips to help make your car insurance even cheaper.
• Choose The Best Cover For You – All car insurance covers you for any damage you cause to other vehicles, people and property. A quick reminder because it can slip your mind – if your car is not taxed or doesn’t have the necessary MOT – this can invalidate your insurance. Leaving you with a possible nightmare of liabilities and legal actions. Don’t let any of that happen to you
• Comprehensive Cover – If your car is valuable you should always consider fully comprehensive cover.
The big advantage is – if the accident is your fault – you’re covered for damage to your car. This can save you thousands of pounds in repairs. And gives you peace of mind.
You’re also covered if your car is vandalised. Or if someone damages your car and drives off.
• Third Part Fire and Theft – If you feel you’re an extremely careful driver. And are unlikely to have an accident which is your fault. You can opt for Third Party Third Party Fire.
But your car is only covered if it’s stolen or damaged by fire.
• But Third Party Fire And Theft Isn’t Always Cheaper – Than comprehensive cover. Insurance companies found that many drivers on lower cover can be the highest risk
So do get quotes for both Comprehensive and Third Party Fire and Theft
• Third Party Only – It’s the minimum cover required by law. It only covers damage you may cause to other vehicles, people or property. Your car is not covered. Only consider this if your car is a very low value.
• Please Don’t Drive Without Insurance – If you’re the registered keeper of a vehicle it must be taxed and insured and at all times (there are very few exceptions – see the Directgov website for the full details). Here’s the shortened version!
From July 2011, Insurance Advisory letters (IAL) will be issued by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau to the owners of uninsured cars. This follows a check by the Motor Insurance Database (MID) – the UK’s primary file of car insurance. If your vehicle doesn’t have insurance the following can happen.
You can receive a fixed penalty of £100. Have your car clamped, impounded or crushed. Face a court appearance. There is currently a maximum fine of £5,000 and 6 -8 penalty points on your license
And the courts can order an immediate disqualification of the driver.
If any of this happens your insurance is going to cost an absolute mint.
Sorry to be so “technical” about all this – but please do insure your car
• Do The PassPlus Course – This is the Driving Standards Agency course aimed at helping new drivers (within 12 months of passing their test).
It helps you become more even more confident. There are 6 modules – town driving, all weather driving, driving out of town, night driving, and driving on dual carriageways and motorways. It costs about £200. Some local councils offer discounts. Once you have your certificate many insurance companies give you a discount.
• Only Have Regular Drivers On Your Policy – The fewer drivers you have the less your premium cost. And it’s always cheaper to have experienced drivers aged over 25. In many cases having an older named driver can save you money.
• Please Don’t “Front” – It might seem cheaper to put your policy in your parent’s or someone else’s name. However, if you are the main driver, this is known as “fronting.” And it’s illegal. Insurers are likely not to pay out if there is an accident. And they can also pursue you for fraud. The consequences are truly awful. Please don’t risk it
• Choose The “Use of Your Car” You Need – Social – normal day to day driving is the cheapest. Social Including Commuting – Day to day driving and commuting to work. Business Use – Covers driving to specific locations for work purposes away from your permanent place of work. Commercial Travelling – covers constant work driving for example door-to-door selling, because of the miles you travel this is more expensive.
• Increase Your Voluntary Excess –The excess is the amount you pay if you make a claim. The higher your voluntary excess the more you substantially cut your premium. But be careful not to set an excess which is more than you can afford.
• Don’t Over Estimate Your Mileage – The fewer miles you drive, the greater the savings. A drop from 20,000 miles a year to 10,000 can save more than £100.00.
Remember, it’s your car, so work out how much you want to use it.
But you might be surprised – you may drive fewer miles than you thought.
• Build And Protect Your No Claims Bonus (NCB) – You build up your No Claims Bonus every year without making a claim. This of course has a dramatic effect in slashing your premiums.
After 4 years you can “protect” your bonus.
It’s well worth doing, because accidents do happen, and it’s reassuring to know your bonus won’t be affected and your premiums won’t sky – rocket up.
• Only Pick The “Extra’s” You Want – If you need a “courtesy car” if yours is damaged or stolen then choose that option. But if you don’t need a car for a while or there is another car available you can save money by not taking the “replacement” car option
• You Might Want Extra Cover For Personal Belongings – But do check if these are already covered on your home contents policy.
• Take Out Any Unneeded Extra’s – Don’t pay for anything you don’t want. If your insurer offers you extra cover for satnavs or other valuable belongings (cash, phones, camera’s etc) you could always remove them from your car saving you money. If the company offers you breakdown cover which you already have – you don’t want to pay for it twice.
• Fit an Alarm and An Immobiliser – Most cars made after 1998 have them. But if yours doesn’t it’s an excellent investment. Because it greatly reduces your premium. “Thatcham” approved category 1 is the best.
Also a “tracker” which helps find your car if it’s stolen can knock your premium down.
• Don’t Modify Your Car – This bumps your insurance up. If your car is “modified” and you feel it’s not worth it. You can always change it back to the original. For example “personalising” your car with modifications may look great but can seriously increase your premium. It also attracts more unwanted “attention” and is more likely to be vandalised or stolen. By the way the ABI (the Association Of British Insurers) have said your premium will not increase if you “modify” by fitting snow tyres in the winter. Providing they meet your cars specifications. However, you should always tell your insurance company if you do this.
• Love Your License – Avoid speeding tickets and all other motoring “sins.” The cleaner your license is, the less your insurance costs. And your premiums do increase with the number of points you have.
• Be Your Own Driver – Don’t let friends “persuade” you to take any risks. It’s your car and you’re in control. Don’t be tempted to do anything dangerous – you know it’s not worth taking any chances
• If You Have Garage – Keep your car in a locked garage. Of course it’s more secure and saves money on your premium.
• If You Don’t Have A Garage – If you can – park on your driveway. Premiums can go up if you use the street to park your car overnight.
• Don’t Use a Credit or Debit Card To De-ice Your Windows! – 14% of motorists do this but it can damage your card and when you try and use it – it doesn’t work! Also 53% of motorists still use boiling water, which can crack your screen. Also when you’re defrosting don’t leave your engine running and your car unattended – because – yes you’ve guessed – an opportunist thief can easily steal your car. You’ll be amazed how often this happens
• Carefully Park Your Car – Try and park in safe lighted areas to help prevent anyone vandalising or stealing it.
Sadly 50% of motorists have had their cars vandalised. Costing over £953 million a year. If the “culprit” can’t be found and you have an excess you may have to pay that amount. It’s an expense you don’t want.
If you’re in a car park, especially supermarkets! – try and find a space away from other cars particularly larger ones to avoid anyone bumping, scraping or scratching yours.
• Buy the “Right” Car For You – Choose one that’s best for you. Consider a smaller engine, it’s more economical to run and your insurance is significantly cheaper. Of course it’s your choice – but the more powerful the car the more expensive your insurance will be
• Also If Your Car Is A Popular Make – Repairs tend to be the cheapest and this lowers your insurance premium.
• Be Aware of Other Drivers – You drive safely, and don’t use your car when you’re really tired or make journeys in awful weather unless they are essential.
But not every driver is as careful as you! So always be on the alert for other drivers.
Don’t get angry, you are so much better than they are – just avoid them.
• Don’t Wait For Your Renewal – Your current insurance company may be charging you a fortune. So get our cheapest quote.
Even if your company has a “cancellation” fee you could still save a huge amount of money by changing your insurance company to a much cheaper one – with the same – or even better cover.
• Never Accept Your Insurance Renewal – It may be far too high.
69% of motorists don’t find out if they can get their car insurance a lot cheaper. And it costs them millions.
We want to save you money!
Current insurance companies rarely reward you for your loyalty.
But we can reward you by bringing you our cheapest insurance quote!
• Buy Your Car Insurance Online – It saves the insurance company costs and these savings are passed directly on to you.
It’s entirely safe to do because you’re using their advanced secure online technology.
• Carefully Look At Your Best Payment Option – Most companies let you pay by instalments. It may be cost effective for you. But they have to charge interest increasing the price
• So, If You Can, Pay Your Premium In One Go – Or to help with your cash flow – use an interest free credit card. Or a card with a low interest rate. And to save more money try and pay the card back in full each month.
• Use Our Comparison Site – You can be sure we’ll get you our cheapest quote from the most competitive top brand companies.
It takes less than 3 minutes!
And we’re open 24/7 – 365 days a year so we’re always convenient for you.
“ I was lucky to get a job after I finished college, but I have to do shift work throughout the week and need a car to be able to get to and get home from work.
Insurance prices were unbelievably high some quotes were over £2,300.00, my car is only worth £5,500.00.
I had to get a cheaper quote so that I could afford to drive my car and cheapcarinsurance.co.uk were a lot less expensive than everyone else I tried. They have a wide selection of insurance companies who specialise in young drivers without charging ridiculous premiums.
Before you accept anyone else’s prices I would definitely get a quote from them and like me you could save a huge amount of money”
Jon Collier, Lab Technician, Penhill, Swindon
We’re convinced we can get you the cheapest car insurance quote.
But the regulations don’t let us, or anyone else absolutely guarantee that we can.
So we put ourselves to the test. We asked independent, unbiased researchers to get literally 1000’s of quotes.
Using the widest selection of cars, cover, details and drivers – including young drivers. Just about every combination and permutation possible.
And we continuously got the cheapest Quote for the cover and options they wanted.
Again and again – we constantly won.
Now we want you to be the judge.
Your Quote is of course free of charge and you are not under any obligation.
You’ve got nothing to lose – and wouldn’t it be great to see how much you could save?
So – just press “Get A Quote” on our site www.cheapcarinsurance.co.uk
If we aren’t the cheapest – then you know your existing renewal price or quote is probably the one for you
But do check that it gives you all the cover and choices you want. And check that the insurance company is good. Ours all have fabulous reputations.
And if we still aren’t the cheapest we’ll be upset – but happy you’ve got the cheapest car insurance. Because that’s what we want for you.
We genuinely believe we can bring you unbeatable prices with the best policy. With all the cover you want.
Our specially chosen low cost insurance companies are superb for their amazing value for money – and they want your business!
So they are utterly determined to bring you top quality car insurance at the cheapest prices.
Don’t accept any Quote until you’ve checked with us! – your current quote could be way too expensive.
Like our 26,000 people a month – we want you to have cheap, quality car insurance.
So we can slash your cost of your motoring.
Knowing you have our cheapest car insurance from an outstanding, reputable and dependable insurance company.
Wishing safe motoring and enjoy your driving – because isn’t it great to have your own car!
P.S. In under 3 minutes – you’ll have our cheapest car insurance quote from a leading, top quality insurance company.
Who are happy to insure young drivers.
With the cover, details and options you need.
Just press “Get a Quote” on our website www.cheapcarinsurance.co.uk
Unlike other comparison sites we use insurance companies and insurance brokers.
This gives you an enormous advantage – because with us – you get even more low cost, value for money companies that others just don’t have. And they completely miss the best prices.
We’re dedicated in getting you an unbeatable cheapest quote.
Because we know you’ll be thrilled with the money you can save!