Car insurance – we’ve got to have it.
But you mustn’t pay more than you should.
With the ever – increasing costs of motoring – it’s vital you get low cost, top quality car insurance from an outstanding insurance company.
I’m Martin Smith the proud owner of cheapcarinsurance.co.uk
I am absolutely passionate and dedicated in getting you the cheapest quote from a top brand company with all the cover and options you want.
Every month we help over 26,000 motorists get their discount car insurance.
And I can hardly wait to tell you exactly how we do it – I think you’ll be very impressed with the money you can save.
But first I want to tell you everything you need to know about getting the right car insurance.
So you have the perfect policy for you and your finances.
The most important thing is to choose the best cover for your car.
Here’s a guide to the different “covers” – cover can vary from company to company so always check that your policy gives you the cover you need.
It covers any damage and injury that you or any of your passengers cause to other cars, property or people (including your passengers) involved in an accident.
The big advantage is – it also covers damage to your car if the accident is your fault. It may also include or you can add cover for injuries to you.
It also covers you if your car is stolen, vandalised or catches fire – either by accident, engine fault or maliciously.
You must consider comprehensive cover if your car is valuable because it could save you thousands of pounds on repairs or if your car is written – off.
About 75% of all policies are fully comprehensive.
As a guideline and it depends on your individual circumstances but if your car is worth over £5,000 you should opt for comprehensive cover.
Third Party Fire and Theft Cover
This covers any damage or injury that you or your passengers cause to other cars, property or people (including your passengers) involved in an accident.
It also covers you if your car is stolen, damaged or destroyed by fire – either by accident, engine fault or maliciously.
However – if the accident is your fault you are not covered for any damage to your car or any injuries to you.
It’s a more cost conscious cover. As a guideline and again it depends on your requirements. You might consider this cover if your car is worth less than £5,000.
Third Party Only Cover
This cover is the minimum required by law.
It only covers any damage or injury that you or your passengers cause to any other vehicles, property and people (including your passengers) involved in an accident.
Your car and any injuries to you are not covered. And you are not covered if your car is stolen. Or catches fire.
It’s the least expensive insurance but should only be considered for very low value cars.
Insurances companies offer you a range of “extras.” Some might be included as standard in their policy. You don’t have to have them. You can ask them to be removed saving you money.
Or choose a different policy without them.
The level of cover varies from company to company so do check you have all the cover you want.
Courtesy Car – Very useful if your car is off the road for a few days or even weeks. You usually have to agree that your insurance company uses one of their authorised repairers. Which shouldn’t cause you any problems. But if you have a second car you might not need a courtesy car. And you’ll reduce your premium by not having it
Breakdown Cover – Sometimes it may be cheaper than the other providers. But if you already have breakdown cover – you don’t want to pay for it twice.
Legal Protection – Can be very valuable to have. It can save you a lot of money. Because a competent solicitor can charge £100 – £150 plus per hour.
It comes into play when there’s an accident or injury where the fault isn’t clear. Your insurer can use this extra cover to pay solicitors to fight your case.
Or if you have an accident which is not your fault. The solicitors can claim all your uninsured losses from the insurance company of the driver who is at fault.
This could include damages for the pain and suffering of any injuries, medical expenses (physiotherapy, dentists etc), loss of earnings, damage to your personal property (spectacles, watch, jewellery, phone etc).
And any repair costs that are not covered by your policy. As well as the recovery of any compulsory or voluntary “excess” you may have paid.
Personal Injury Cover – Can give you cover for personal injuries. Loss of earnings and medical expenses if the accident is or is not your fault.
Personal Belongings – Can include loss or damage to clothing, belongings, cash, car keys etc. This may be useful for you but do check if your home contents insurance already covers them.
Windscreen Cover – If it’s not included as standard do consider taking it. You can never predict or prevent a stone smashing your screen. And virtually every car insurer lets you claim without losing any of your no claims discount.
Protecting Your No Claims Discount – This is a “must have” extra. Unfortunately, no matter how careful a driver you are accidents can happen. So if you need to make a claim your bonus is unaffected and stops your premium sky – rocketing up at your renewal
The important thing is – you can design your car insurance policy to suit you and your budget. Include the “extra’s” you want and not the ones you feel you don’t need.
The next thing to look at is the “Use” of your car. There are 4 categories. Choose the one that applies to you.
Social – normal day to day driving
Social Including Commuting – Day to day driving and commuting to work
Business Use – Covers driving to specific locations for work purposes away from your permanent place of work
Commercial Travelling – Covers constant work driving for example door-to-door selling
2 more things to consider –
Look at your mileage -The less miles you drive the cheaper your car insurance is. A drop from 20,000 miles a year to 10,000 can save £100.00.
But do remember it’s your car and you want to drive as much as you wish. But you might be surprised that you drive less than you think.
Choose Your Drivers – Only have regular drivers on your policy. It greatly helps reduce your premium if they are over 25 with a good driving record. If you need additional drivers they can be added short term when they need to drive your car
These are the major details every car insurance company wants to know.
And here are some more valuable tips to drive down the cost of your car insurance.
• Fit an Alarm and An Immobiliser – Most cars made after 1998 have them. But if yours doesn’t it’s an excellent investment. Because it greatly reduces your premium. “Thatcham” approved category 1 is the best. Also a “tracker” which helps find your car if it’s stolen can knock your premium down.
• Increase Your Voluntary Excess – The excess is the amount you agree to pay if you make a claim. Be careful not to set the excess outside of your budget. The higher your voluntary excess the more you substantially cut your premium.
• If You Have Garage – Keep your car in a locked garage. Of course it’s more secure and saves money on your car insurance.
One of our customers told us – they had £250 of “junk” in the garage but their £17,500 car was parked on the driveway. Another customer told us they had a “garage” sale and made enough money to pay for their premium and buy a shed to keep all their gardening equipment in!
• You’ll Also Protect Your Car In A Garage – From harsh weather and won’t it be wonderful to know it’ll be so much warmer first thing in the morning!
• Don’t Modify Your Car – This bumps your insurance up. If it is “modified” and you feel it’s not worth it. You can always change it back to the original. For example expensive allow wheels may look great but can increase your premium. By the way the ABI (the Association Of British Insurers) have said your premium will not increase if you “modify” by fitting snow tyres in the winter. Providing they meet your cars specifications. However, you should always tell your insurance company if you do this
• Love Your License – Try and avoid speeding tickets or any other motoring “sins” The cleaner your license is, the less your premiums are
• Carefully Park Your Car – Try and park in safe lighted areas to help prevent anyone vandalising or stealing it. Sadly 50% of motorists have had their cars vandalised. Costing over £953 million a year.
If you’re in a car park, especially supermarkets! – try and find a bay away from other cars particularly larger ones to avoid anyone bumping, scraping or scratching yours
• Be Aware of Other Drivers – You drive safely, and don’t use your car when you’re really tired or make journeys in awful weather unless they are essential. But not every driver is as careful as you! So always be vigilant of other drivers. Don’t get angry, you are so much better than they are – just avoid them
• Buy the “Right” Car For You – If you’re thinking of changing your car. Choose the one that’s best for you. Consider a smaller engine, it’s more economical to run and your insurance is significantly cheaper.
Also if the car is a well-known popular make, repairs tend to be the cheapest and this lowers your premium.
• Buy Your Car Insurance Online – It saves the insurance company costs and these are passed directly on to you. It’s entirely safe to do because you’re using their advanced secure online technology.
• Carefully Look At Your Best Payment Option – Most companies let you pay by instalments. This may be cost effective for you. But they have to charge interest.
• So, If You Can, Pay Your premium In One Go – Or to help with your cash flow – use an interest free credit card. Or a card with a low interest rate. And to save more money try and pay the card back in full each month
• Don’t Wait For Your Renewal – Your current car insurance company may be charging you a fortune. So get our cheapest quotes.
Even if your company has a “cancellation” fee you could still save a huge amount
of money by changing your insurance company to a much cheaper one – with
the same – or even better cover.
• Never Accept Your Insurance Renewal – It may be far too high. 69% of motorists don’t find out if they can get their car insurance a lot cheaper. And it costs them millions. We want to save you money.
Current insurance companies rarely reward you for your loyalty.
But you can reward yourself by getting our cheapest insurance quote!
• Use Our Comparison Site – You can be sure we’ll get you our cheapest prices from the most competitive top brand companies.
And we’re open 24/7 – 365 days a year so we’re always convenient for you.
This is the best bit!
I am truly fanatical in bringing you – the cheapest car insurance cover with all the details and options you want.
Because I know times are extremely tough. And I’m rather used to it!
Please give me a few moments and I’ll tell you why it’s so important to me to bring you unbeatable car insurance.
I was born in a very poor, run down part of Bristol. Thankfully, it’s all been re-generated and it’s now a beautiful place to live.
But we were desperately poor. My dad “left” us. And never gave any financial support.
So my wonderful mum, older brother, younger sister and yours truly had to fend for ourselves. We had to manage on a pittance of an income. And make every possible saving.
Two things my mum insisted on – all the bills must be paid. And we had to made the very best of what little we had.
There was no way she going to hide behind (the ancient but comfortable) sofa every time the rent collector knocked on the door!
We all helped by scrimping and saving for everything. And earned extra money to boost the very low housekeeping kitty.
I had two paper rounds – morning and evening. And persuaded the newsagent to give a “discount” to customers who ordered both papers. This kept me busy with lots of happy customers.
I’ve always had a great love for cars.
And my friends and I had our top – notch car washing round. There weren’t many cars in our neighbourhood. So armed with 3 buckets and sponges we trekked off to the “posh” side of town.
And I got to admire, touch and clean the cars until they glistened.
Our customers were ecstatic with our service, because we had 2 secret weapons.
Our very own chamois leather cloth so we expertly cleaned the windows with no smears.
And a “scouring – pad” because we noticed that some of our customers had those white stripes on their wheels – but they were a murky grey and by gently using the pad we transformed them.
We also had our special deal – if customers had two cars we washed the second one for half price.
I quickly learned – if you give customers the best deals with low prices – they are delighted.
I became a Chartered Accountant. Not the most exciting job in the world but I had this knack for saving money and was so good with figures.
The problem was all the money I saved for the companies we worked for never reached the customers – instead it all went in massive salaries and outrageous bonuses for the directors.
I was constantly shocked and desperately wanted to use my skills to help get the customers get the best discounts and prices.
And I so much wanted to do this – involving cars.
And I have!
I picked a specialist insurance team. Renowned experts with the complete knowledge on car insurance. And we developed what we believe is the ultimate way to bring you the cheapest car insurance using our unique comparison site.
Here’s how we did it.
• We only wanted the leading companies who are determined to give you unbeatable top quality policies
• So we relentlessly, evaluated, analysed and researched the entire car insurance market to find the maximum value, minimum cost premiums
• And choose the most sought after, highly acclaimed companies – with low cost policies with all the cover you could possibly need
• Car insurance is extremely competitive and all our specially chosen companies know they have to bring you exceptional value for money to get your business – and that’s exactly what they do!
• We also wanted to give you a huge advantage over other comparison sites
• So we also chose the best car insurance brokers – they have car insurance companies who don’t use comparison sites – and often they are the cheapest – again with the all the options you may want
• Other comparison sites only use insurance companies and completely fail to get you the cheapest prices
We’ve made sure our comparison site is incredibly simple, quick and easy to use. This saves you so much time
All you do is –
• Press the “Get a Quote” button on our website www.cheapcarinsurance.co.uk
• It takes less than 3 minutes – it really is lightening fast (pop on your car registration and voila your car make and model appears like magic – and you’ll see lots of other time saving features)
• Just type in a few details – unlike most comparison sites – we don’t ask unnecessary, endless ridiculous questions
• Our legendary, state of the art software (one of the most advanced and powerful systems in the entire industry) extensively searches – exclusively for your exact requirements – all 109 of our recommended companies and brokers
• You’ll get a full range of quotes – starting with the cheapest price – you’ll be delighted when you see how low your premiums is
• Simply pick your favourite – which has all the cover, details and options you want
• That’s it! – you now have discount car insurance from a top brand company
• In a few short clicks you buy your policy directly from your chosen insurance company using their safe, secure online technology
We only use highly regarded, long established UK insurance companies. Who are fully regulated. And totally financial secure. With outstanding reputations for brilliant insurance cover.
With friendly fully trained staff and understanding expert claims professionals.
Because that’s the reason you have car insurance – no hassle – if you need to make a claim.
“ One thing I know is with all the cutbacks and financial difficulties it’s now more important than ever that you get the best possible value for money.
So, when it comes to car insurance you need a low cost premium with all the benefits you want.
You already pay a fortune in petrol, car parking and all the other motoring costs.
I used Martin Smiths cheapcarinsurance.co.uk to get my car insured.
It was quick and easy to use. No complicated forms and I got a full range of quotes.
I was very surprised because the prices were so much cheaper than other quotes I got and considerably less than my existing policy.
I was disappointed that my current policy was so expensive I had been with them for over 9 years.
The best thing was with my new car insurance I picked the extra’s I wanted and still got a lower price and even better cover than my existing company”
Richard Vaughan, Occupation, Retail Manager, Bermondsey, London
Unlike other comparison sites we won’t pester you with phone calls, or plague you with non-stop emails or any of the frenzied hard sell tactics others use.
And we don’t spend tens of millions on TV Ads, trying to “make you laugh” (customers told us these Ads just irritate them), and we want every possible saving passed straight to you.
And you’ve asked us not to do “free” toys.
Which is just as well – because Poppy my faithful beagle sits in the office with us – I think she feels her job is to help sniff out the best bargains – anyway she would want any “toys” all for herself and chew them to bits!
Our customers have always said they don’t want any gimmicks adding to the cost – I’m sure you feel the same way – because you want the cheapest, top quality car insurance!
We’re convinced we can get you the cheapest car insurance but the regulations don’t let us, or anyone else absolutely guarantee that we can.
So we put ourselves to the test. We asked unbiased independent researchers to get literally 1000’s of quotes.
Using the widest selection of cars, cover, drivers and details. Just about every combination and permutation possible.
And we continuously got the cheapest Quote for the cover and options they wanted.
Again and again and again – we constantly won.
Now we want you to be the judge. You’ve got nothing to lose – and don’t you need to know how much you could save?
Just press “Get A Quote” on our site cheapcarinsurance.co.uk
If we aren’t the cheapest – then you know your existing renewal price or quote is probably the one for you
But do check that it gives you all the cover and choices you want. And if we still aren’t the cheapest we’ll be upset – but happy that you’ve got the cheapest car insurance.
We genuinely believe we can bring you unbeatable prices with the best policy for you. With all the cover you want.
Our specially chosen low cost insurance companies are amazing for their incredible value for money – and they want your business!
So they are utterly determined to bring you top quality car insurance at the cheapest price.
Your Quote is of course free of charge and you are not under any obligation.
Don’t accept any Quote until you’ve checked with us! – your current quote could be far too expensive.
Like our 26,000 people a month – we want you to see how much money you can save.
So we can slash your cost of your motoring.
Knowing you have the cheapest car insurance from an outstanding, reputable and dependable insurance company.
Wishing you happy motoring with much cheaper car insurance.
P.S. In less than 3 minutes – you’ll have our cheapest car insurance quote from a leading, top quality insurance company.
With the cover, details and options you need. So you’ll have complete peace of mind.
Just press “Get a Quote” on our website www.cheapcarinsurance.co.uk
Unlike other comparison sites we use insurance companies and insurance brokers.
This gives you an enormous advantage because with us – you get even more low cost, value for money companies that others just don’t have.
We’re dedicated in getting you an unbeatable cheapest quote.
Because we know you’ll be thrilled with the money you can save!