Like me you must be absolutely shocked at the ever-increasing cost of motoring.
The average driver now pays a staggering £4,724 a year to run a car. And that’s if you have an older car. A new cars running costs are £6,689 a year. That’s an incredible £124.64 a week, which works out at a mind- boogling 55.7p a mile for normal use.
It’s just not on is it?
I really wish I could do something to sort out the sky-high petrol and diesel costs for you. As well as repairs and servicing. But I can’t – i’m afraid that’s down to the petrol companies, garages and the government.
But there’s one thing I definitely can do. Help find you the cheapest top brand car insurance via our friends at Seopa Ltd. And greatly reduce your cost of driving.
I’m Martin Smith, the proud owner of cheapcarinsurance.co.uk
And every month we help around 30,000 people search for the cheapest car insurance with the cover, details and options they want – using the comparison service on this website, powered by Seopa Ltd.
I’m truly dedicated and passionate in getting the best value insurance cover for you. Saving money and getting fabulous bargains is hot-wired into my system!
Please give me a few moments and I’ll explain why.
I’ve always thoroughly enjoyed motoring. My whole family does. Trips with the kids to the shops (always looking for the best prices!) the countryside, the seaside, visiting the relations or just me driving to work.
I don’t have a flash car – we have a mini and my wife and kids rave about it. Our beloved pet beagle – Poppy – leaps into the car every time we open the door (she sits in the back seat, happy as can be, gazing out the window).
I’ve always had to be very frugal and make every penny count. I was born in an impoverished part of Bristol. Thankfully it’s all been regenerated and it’s now very desirable.
But we were hard up. And I mean really hard up. Four of us, my mum older brother and younger sister and yours truly. My dad left when I was 6 and didn’t provide much money to support us thereafter.
So my wonderful mum had to look after us all on a pittance of an income. In those days there was hardly any financial help. It was tough. But we were happy. We loved and looked after each other. We knew we had to scrimp and save for everything. There was no choice so we had to make every penny stretch a mile. Make that a mile and a half!
I became a bargain hunter extraordinaire! And honestly it was great fun. I learned there was never any need to spend more than you had to. Or could afford to. So I did the shopping at the local market – at the end of the day – when prices were the cheapest but the food was still delicious. I helped the stall–holders pack up their pitches and got extra discounts.
I never had new clothes. I got the hand me downs from my older brother (who very kindly took great care of them). And to help my little sister and my mum I rummaged in the jumble sales (all our neighbours did – we had to – paying full cost was out of the question).
Prices were cheap but I also helped sort stack the clothes putting them on the display rails and was allowed to pick the best. So my lucky sister and dear old mum usually had virtually brand new gear.
To bring in extra money I had 2 paper rounds – in the morning and evening. And managed to get new customers by persuading the newsagent to give a deduction to everyone who bought both papers.
And I began my love affair with cars.
Because me and my pals had a wonderful car washing empire (well maybe not an “empire” but we had lots of happy customers).
We had 3 buckets and sponges so we could do a brilliant job.
And our massive selling point was – we had a chamois leather cloth – so all our customers had glistening windows with no smears. And if they had 2 cars we washed the second one for half price. We were in big demand!
And I got to touch, clean and admire the cars, and dream about driving.
Then heaven and bliss – I got a part time job at the local petrol station, lots of cars!. These were the days when you had your petrol pumped for you. And the price was only 39p a litre!
The owner wanted to keep all his customers and stop them going anywhere else. So I helped by using my famous chamois cloth and did free window cleans. And offered an oil check and bartered with my boss to shave a bit off the price of oil if the drivers needed a top up.
I realised if you give customers the best possible deals – everyone is pleased.
Believe it or not (and I can thank my teachers at school who wanted to help us get good jobs) I became a Chartered Accountant. I know, it’s not the most exciting career but it was inevitable because I was so good with figures.
My knack of making terrific savings went down extremely well with the clients. But to my horror none of this benefited or reached their customers. Instead it all went in “fat cat” salaries and outrageous bonuses to the company directors.
Enough was enough.
I just wanted to use my skills to help make sure that people spending their hard earned money get the best deals – not the pompous, greedy, money grabbing directors.
And if it could be something to do with cars I would be thrilled!
I became very concerned that everyone could be paying far too much for their car insurance.
So with my hand-picked, specialist insurance team, and our good friends at Seopa Ltd, we created what we believe is the best possible way to bring you the cheapest car insurance with our unique comparison site.
Here’s how we did it.
• We relentlessly researched the entire car insurance market to find the most sought after lowest cost companies
• And only chose the leading companies who are determined to give you unbeatable value for money with their top quality policies
• Car insurance is highly competitive and all our specially chosen companies know they have to bring you exceptional value for money
• And very importantly we also chose the best car insurance brokers – they have insurance companies who don’t use comparison sites – and often they are the cheapest
• This gives us a huge advantage over other comparison sites because they only use insurance companies and completely miss the cheapest prices
We know you’re busy and don’t want to spend endless hours searching for the cheapest quote. So you’ll be happy to hear this system is incredibly simple, quick and easy to use.
All you do is –
• Press the “Get a Quote” button on our website www.cheapcarinsurance.co.uk
• It takes less than 3 minutes – and my goodness you’ll see just how super fast it is
• Pop in a few details – unlike so many other sites we don’t ask unnecessary, time consuming ridiculous questions
• Our highly advanced and powerful state of the art software powered by Seopa Ltd (one of the ultimate systems in the entire industry) extensively searches – based exclusively on your exact requirements – all 100+ of our recommended companies and brokers – and picks the cheapest prices precisely for you
• That’s it! – you now know you have the cheapest car insurance from a top brand company with the cover, details and options you want
• And in a few quick clicks you buy your policy directly from your chosen insurance company using their safe, secure online technology
• You’ll be delighted with the money you’ve saved!
We only use well known, long established UK insurance companies. Who are fully regulated. And totally financial secure. With outstanding reputations for superb insurance cover.
With friendly trained customer service staff and understanding expert claims professionals – because that’s the reason you have car insurance – no hassle – if you need to make a claim.
Here are some useful tips to help get you get the policy you want at the cheapest price.
• Never Accept Your Insurance Renewal – It may be far too high. 69% of motorists don’t find out if they can get their car insurance a lot cheaper. And it costs them millions. We want to save you money. Current insurance companies rarely reward you for your loyalty.
But you can reward yourself by getting our cheapest insurance quote!
• Buy Your Car Insurance Online – It saves the insurance company costs and these are passed directly on to you. It’s entirely safe to do because you’re using their advanced secure online technology.
• Use Our Comparison Site – You can be sure we’ll get you our cheapest prices from the most competitive top brand companies. And we’re open 24/7 – 365 days a year so we’re always convenient for you.
• Don’t Wait For Your Renewal – Your current insurance provider may be charging you a fortune. So get a cheap quote now. Even if your company has a “cancellation” fee you could still save a huge amount of money by changing your insurance company to a much cheaper one – with the same – or even better cover.
• Choose the Best Cover For You – If your car is valuable you should consider fully comprehensive cover. The big advantage is – if the accident is your fault – you’re covered for damage to your car as well as personal injury costs. You’re also covered if your car is vandalised. Or if someone damages your car and drives off.
• If Your Car Is Less Valuable – Or you feel that you’re an extremely careful driver. And are unlikely to have an accident which is your fault. You can opt for Third Party Third Party Fire or Third Party Only cover. But often it’s not any cheaper. Insurance companies found that many drivers on lower cover tend to be the highest risk (mainly young drivers). They’re more likely to make a claim and perhaps don’t take as much care with their cars.
So do get quotes for all covers.
• Only Have Regular Drivers On Your Policy – You can always add someone on your policy for a few days when they really need to drive your car.
• Choose The “Use of Your Car” You Need – Don’t take “business” use if you only drive your car to work and use it for social domestic and pleasure because business cover can increase your premium.
• Increase Your Voluntary Excess – The higher your voluntary excess the more you substantially cut your premium. The excess is the amount you pay if you make a claim. Be careful not to set excess outside of your budget.
• Don’t Over Estimate Your Mileage – The fewer miles you drive, the greater the savings you could make. A drop from 20,000 miles a year to 10,000 could save more than £100.00 depending on the provider. Remember, it’s your car, so work out how much you want to use it. But you might be surprised that you drive less miles than you thought
• Build And Protect Your No Claims Bonus (NCB) – You build up your No Claims Bonus every year without making a claim. This of course has a dramatic effect in slashing your premiums. After 4 years you can “protect” your bonus. It’s well worth doing, because accidents do happen, and it’s reassuring to know your bonus won’t be affected and your premiums won’t soar up
• Only Pick The “Extra’s” You Want – If you need a “courtesy car” if yours is damaged or stolen then choose that option. But if you don’t need a car for a while or have another car available you can save money by not taking it
• Take Out Any Unneeded Extra’s – Don’t pay for anything you don’t want. If the company offers you breakdown cover which you already have – you don’t need it twice.
If they offer cover for satnavs or other valuable belongings you could always remove them from your car reducing your premium even more
• Carefully Look At Your Best Payment Option – Most companies let you pay by instalments. It may be cost effective for you. But they have to charge interest.
• If You Can, Pay Your premium In One Go – Or to help with your cash flow – use an interest free credit card. Or a card with a low interest rate. And to save more money try and pay the card back in full each month
• Fit an Alarm and An Immobiliser – Most cars made after 1998 have them. But if yours doesn’t it’s an excellent investment. Because it greatly reduces your premium. “Thatcham” approved category 1 is the best. Also a “tracker” which helps find your car if it’s stolen can knock your premium down.
• Don’t Modify Your Car – This bumps your insurance up. If it is “modified” and you feel it’s not worth it you can always change it back to the original
• Love Your License – Try and avoid speeding tickets or any other motoring “sins” the cleaner your license is, the less your premiums are
• If You Have Garage – Keep your car in a locked garage. Of course it’s more secure and saves money on your premium. One of our customers told us – they had £250 of “junk” in the garage but their £17,500 car was parked on the driveway. Another customer told us they had a “garage” sale and made enough money to pay for their premium and buy a shed to keep all their gardening equipment in!
• You’ll Also Protect Your Car In A Garage – From harsh weather and won’t it be good to know it’ll be so much warmer first thing in the morning!
• Carefully Park Your Car – Try and park it in safe lighted areas to help prevent anyone vandalising or stealing it.
Sadly 50% of motorists have had their cars vandalised. Costing over £953 million a year.
If you’re in a car park, especially supermarkets – try and find a bay away from other cars particularly larger ones to avoid anyone bumping, scraping or scratching yours
• Buy the “Right” Car For You – If your thinking of changing your car. Choose one that’s best for you. Consider a smaller engine, it’s more economical to run and your insurance is significantly cheaper. Also if the car is a well-known popular make, repairs tend to be the cheapest and this lowers your insurance premium.
“With the high cost of living and the increased cost of driving it was vital we got the cheapest car insurance with the options we wanted.
Both my wife and me enjoy reading Martin Smiths articles on his comparison site cheapcarinsurance.co.uk.
He actually makes car insurance interesting!
And it was good to hear about all the remarkable efforts he and his team make to bring you low cost car insurance and the valuable tips they give to save you even more money.
And when you read Martins “story” about his life you understand why he is so passionate about getting the cheapest car insurance from top brand companies.
We much preferred using his site to get a quote rather than the huge corporate comparison sites because Martin and his people have that extra “personal” touch.
They don’t see you as a number but as a real individual. And they really do care and will do everything possible to get you unbeatable prices.
And they did! We saved over £159.00. Nobody else was able to beat it.”
Ben and Kate Lansdale, Occupation, Chef, Hotel Receptionist, St Austell, Cornwall
We don’t spend tens of millions on TV Ads, trying to “amuse” you (customers told us these repetitive Ads just annoy them), and we want every possible saving passed straight to you.
And unlike other comparison sites we won’t pester you with phone calls, or plague you with incessant emails or any of the frenzied hard sell tactics others use.
And you’ve asked us not to do “free” toys. Which is just as well – because Poppy our faithful beagle sits in the office with us – she would want them all to herself and chew them to bits!
Anyway our customers said they don’t any gimmicks adding to the cost – I’m sure you feel the same way – because you want the cheapest car insurance!
We believe we can get you the cheapest car insurance, but the regulations don’t let us, or anyone else absolutely guarantee that we can.
So we put ourselves to the test. We got independent researchers to get literally 1000’s of quotes.
With a massive range of cars, cover and drivers. Just about every combination possible.
And we continually got the cheapest Quote for the cover and options they required.
Time and time again!
Now we want you to be the judge.
We want you to get the cheapest car insurance – so just press “Get A Quote” on our site cheapcarinsurance.co.uk
You’ve got nothing to lose and very likely huge savings to gain.
If we aren’t the cheapest – then you know your existing policy or quote is probably the one for you
But do check that it gives you all the cover and choices you want.
And if we still aren’t the cheapest we’ll be distraught – but genuinely happy that you have got the cheapest car insurance.
We’re convinced we can bring you the most unbeatable cheapest prices possible with the best policy for you – because we do everything we can to bring you the cheapest and the best.
Our specially chosen insurance companies are renowned for their incredible value for money – and they want your business!
So they are utterly determined to bring you top brand car insurance at the cheapest price.
So please don’t accept any Quote until you’ve checked with us!
Your Quote is of course free of charge and you are not under any obligation.
Like our other 30,000 visitors a month – we want you to see how much money you’ll save.
So we can cut your cost of your motoring – and relax with complete peace of mind
Knowing you have the cheapest car insurance from an outstanding, reputable and dependable insurance company.
Wishing you happy and much less expensive driving.
P.S. Please don’t spend more than you should on your car insurance.
Just press “Get a Quote” on our website www.cheapcarinsurance.co.uk
And in under 3 minutes – you’ll have our cheapest car insurance quote from a leading, top quality insurance company.
With the cover, details and options you need.
Remember unlike other comparison sites we use insurance companies and insurance brokers.
This gives us even more fabulous value for money companies that others just don’t have.
So we can get you our cheapest possible quote for you.
You’ll be very happy with the money you can save!