Let’s start this week with some good motoring news. Love him or hate him, Lewis Hamilton has been crowned seven times world champion of formula one. Yes, he’s divisive and yes, many people aren’t a fan of what he does off track, but you can’t take away from the fact that us Brits make some jolly good racing drivers.
So, we say ‘well done Lewis’ from all of us here at Cheap Car Insurance, whilst simultaneously wondering how much an F1 car costs to insure….
If you are struggling with the second lockdown, it’s worth remembering that the financial help that some major car insurance companies were offering during the first lockdown are still valid.
Some of the perks on offer include:
- A £25 rebate for all customers (Admiral)
- No excess fees for emergency service workers/NHS staff during lockdown (Admiral)
- 3 months payment holiday (Aviva)
- Free breakdown cover until January 2021 (Aviva)
- Flexible policy repayments (AXA)
- Prioritised repairs for key workers (AXA)
- Deferred payment plans (Direct Line)
- Mileage refund (Direct Line)
- £20-£50 cash grants (LV)
It’s certainly worth giving your car insurance company a call to see what they can do for you, if you are struggling as a result of lockdown 2.0. Also, be sure to check out sites such as Martin Lewis’s Money Saving Expert, which is packed full of advice for those who are struggling or in financial difficulty. And don’t rule out the idea of speaking to your bank, who are often more helpful than you may think. Hopefully, just a few weeks from now, life will return to a little more like normal, and with the new vaccines on the horizon, this time next year, this will all be a distant memory.